Location: Buena, NJ
Perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
- Review and verify invoices and check requests
- Sort, code and match invoices
- Prepare and perform payment
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquires
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Monitor A/P aging to ensure payments are up to date
- Assists in monthly financial closing
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Prepare analysis of accounts, as required
- Perform filing and coping
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in accounts payable or related
- Proficient in data entry and management
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- ERP (SAP, JDE, Oracle), or another automated accounting systems a plus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands; talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs