Location: Metro Park, NJ
The Corporate Controller will be responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, SEC requirements, Sarbanes-Oxley Act Of 2002 and US GAAP.
- Oversee the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, derivative/hedge accounting, external financial reporting, and balance sheet management.
- Process the closing of monthly financial records at corporate and consolidation of all locations.
- Responsible for all external reporting, including Form 10-K/Q, Form 8-K, Section 16 reporting, DEF 14A and governmental reporting requirements.
- Serve as chair of the company’s disclosure committee and member of the company’s pension and 401(k) committees.
- Ensure all policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Coordinate and overseeing the Sarbanes Oxley activities relative to internal controls documentation and testing.
- Provide technical accounting research and guidance.
- Ensure that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies and directives, US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Coordinate work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company’s financial records and also for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings
- Coordinate with external tax preparers in all countries and review tax provision and prepared tax returns.
- Support the budgeting, forecasting and planning process on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA required.
- 10-15 years of combined public accounting and private industry accounting experience within a multinational business.
- 3-5 years of management experience with a demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams, preferably in a public company Corporate Controller role.
- Experience working with SAP is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting, Sarbanes-Oxley Act Of 2002 internal controls and financial reporting, required.
- Strong US GAAP and financial reporting technical skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order over same.
- Exceptional work ethic.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs.