Location: Buena, NJ
The Facilities – Line mechanic will perform facility and production equipment maintenance activities in accordance with approved procedures. Responsibilities include proficient at analyzing and troubleshooting the root cause of facilities, manufacturing, filling and packaging equipment problems; implement effective preventive and/or corrective maintenance repairs.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and experience in mechanical and electrical support systems to include power distribution systems, emergency power, HVAC, Boilers systems, facility maintenance and production equipment.
- Demonstrate mechanical ability to perform set-up, adjust, operation and changeover of tube, bottle filler, labeler, cartoner and other ancillary packaging machines in GMP environment.
- Troubleshoot problems or breakdowns on various facility and production equipment.
- Proactively identify equipment issues and perform root cause analysis, make recommendations and aids in implementation for more complex and non-reoccurring issues.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks on all facility and production equipment according to the frequency written in the SOP.
- Learn and demonstrate behaviors related to safety, quality, and production.
- Follow and adheres to all cGMPs, compliance/regulatory mandates, SOP’s and quality requirements.
- Interface with external vendors & service providers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED. Technical school preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in facilities, production and packaging environment, which include maintenance related activities in Pharmaceutical or Medical device GMP environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work on minimal supervision
- Ability to read and understand written procedures and instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands; talk; and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The occasionally be required to drive between locations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs