Location: Buena, NJ
The Facilities – Line mechanic will perform facility and production equipment maintenance activities in accordance with approved procedures. Responsibilities include proficient at analyzing and troubleshooting the root cause of facilities, manufacturing, filling and packaging equipment problems; implement effective preventive and/or corrective maintenance repairs.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and experience in mechanical and electrical support systems to include power distribution systems, emergency power, HVAC, Boilers systems, facility maintenance and production equipment.
- Demonstrate mechanical ability to perform set-up, adjust, operation and changeover of tube, bottle filler, labeler, cartoner and other ancillary packaging machines in GMP environment.
- Troubleshoot problems or breakdowns on various facility and production equipment.
- Proactively identify equipment issues and perform root cause analysis, make recommendations and aids in implementation for more complex and non-reoccurring issues.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks on all facility and production equipment according to the frequency written in the SOP.
- Learn and demonstrate behaviors related to safety, quality, and production.
- Follow and adheres to all cGMPs, compliance/regulatory mandates, SOP’s and quality requirements.
- Interface with external vendors & service providers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED. Technical school preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in facilities, production and packaging environment, which include maintenance related activities in Pharmaceutical or Medical device GMP environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work on minimal supervision
- Ability to read and understand written procedures and instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Physical Demands
- Ability to lift
- Inside and outside work
- Move between buildings
- Temperature variations
- Sit and stand for long periods
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs