The General Manager, Canada Office is responsible for providing insight and input on the strategic direction of the Canada office and aligning with the overall company vision and mission. The GM, Canada will provide the necessary planning, organization, direction, and controls for the Canada operation to support the goals of the company. This position requires a leader with the ability to work autonomously to facilitate the growth and development of the business.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring and collaborating with management, organization officials, and other staff members as necessary.
- Review financial statements, sales reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement
- Assist in the generation of marketing strategies, prepare comprehensive work proposals, and maintain an influential position in establishing business plans.
- Determine supply chain needs regarding quantity and timing for 34 products with 8 manufacturers with potential for expansion
- Oversee and manage Canada supply chain and logistics to maximize efficiency and minimize cost; responsible for three-way matching process and loading goods into inventory
- Collaborate with head of business development on potential additions to product portfolio
- Approve major expenses and control costs within established company guidelines.
- Lead team, schedule, and train employees; ensure proper coverage and performance; foster morale and teamwork
- Conduct annual performance reviews for direct reporting personnel; coordinate and review annual reviews of indirect reports.
- Collaborate with US and Estonia management to ensure seamless practices and processes
- Establish and maintain professional business relationships with clients, industry officials, and colleagues.
- Serve as a member of Management team and provide input toward the growth and development of the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
- 7 + years of generic injectable pharmaceutical experience required
- Must be able to communicate well in French
- Demonstrated ability to drive the achievement of business goals through aligning people, process, structure, information and communication systems in a rapidly growing/dynamic market(s)
- Demonstrated experience operating as part of a leadership team that emphasizes collaborative decision making and a high degree of coordination between function
- Sound interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency using electronic spreadsheet, database, word-processing, and graphical presentation software, preferably Microsoft Office applications.
- Occasional international travel required
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs.