Location: Buena, NJ
The GMP Excellence Training Scientist will support our QC and Microbiology laboratories by conducting an integrated training needs assessment and delivering the required training in order to support this group. This person must evaluate, design, coordinate and deliver a comprehensive range of training and education programs designed to improve technique, knowledge, and skill associated with all laboratory activities.
- Deliver group and individual instruction and training that covers a range of technical, method based, and procedural topics
- Formulate training outlines and instructional methods by leveraging relative experience in individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, and workshops settings
- Select or develop training aids including training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works in order to upskill the associates with the department
- Coordinate administrative functions necessary to deliver and document training programs
- Proactively evaluate the status, health, and long-term effectiveness of our training and development program by utilizing data and metrics associated with the department especially investigations and non-conformances. Revise or recommend changes to the instructional methods, objectives and tools based on this evaluation.
- Review and streamline all process documentation to align with the precepts and messages delineated in the training and associated training materials
- Participate in the hiring and interview process in order to help identify and onboard high potential candidates
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a training, educational, or leaning environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of training plans, curriculum development, and delivery
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of implementation and facilitation of technical, operational, and/or specialty training events and program
- Background in chemistry and/or biology
- Teaching and facilitation skills
- Ability to effectively assess training needs and objectives
- Experience working within a regulated environment is a plus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands; talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs.