Location: Buena, NJ
The Human Resource Manager will contribute at a hands-on and strategic level while managing all components of the Human Resource generalist functions.
- Provide management direction and counseling to a team of HR professionals.
- Develop and administer HR policies, practices, procedures and programs in accordance with applicable laws and regulations; maintain the employee handbook.
- Facilitate and participate in the candidate selection process, including applicant tracking, sourcing, recruiting, interviewing, new hire orientations and onboarding.
- Ensure compensation practices are consistent across the organization and communicate with management as needed regarding compensation issues related to job changes, promotions, offers, etc.
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation; manage day-to-day employee relations issues and conduct investigations as appropriate.
- Monitor performance evaluation program and revise as necessary. Assist managers in the assessment and determination of development needs of individuals.
- Investigate accidents and prepare reports for insurance carrier; participate in Safety Committee meetings and make suggestions as appropriate.
- Oversee learning and development efforts such as professional skills training programs and lunch & learn sessions.
- Provide oversight for an accurate and timely payroll process. This includes time collection, processing of payroll, and payment of federal and state tax liabilities.
- Oversee benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, and information activities program.
- Represent the company’s HR function to external stakeholders such as the DOL, local universities, etc.
- Oversee management of the HRIS system and ensures accuracy of information.
- Review and oversee unemployment and worker’s compensation claims
- Maintain personnel files in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies.
- Assist in the planning of special events, including employee appreciation events and community events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Psychology or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree highly desirable.
- 5-7 years in a HR supervisory role; experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred, experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- SPHR or PHR certification strongly preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop HR department staff members.
- Experience working for a multi-site organization with corporate oversight preferred.
- General knowledge of various federal and state employment laws and practices and experience working with a corporate employment law attorney.
- Proven ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong background in MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to travel occasionally to the Metro Park, NJ office
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands; talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs