Location: Buena, NJ
The Human Resources Specialist will provide administrative support to the human resources function, supporting four locations. This includes record keeping, file maintenance, and personnel changes. This person will be heavily involved in all stages of the recruiting process and proactively manage candidate interactions through each phase. This includes prescreening, coordinating phone and on-site interviews, preparing offer documents, making offers, and assisting the candidate through the orientation process.
- Provides confidential administrative support to the Human Resources department.
- Answers employees’ requests and questions and refers them as needed to appropriate parties.
- Represents Teligent at off site events such as College/University Career fairs and Community Events within the tri-state area.
- Tracks status of candidates and responds with follow up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Provides input on various aspects of employee communication.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains that they are current and entered into EVerify.
- Coordinates employee background check & drug screening process.
- Develops and manages company “lunch n learn” program.
- Coordinates onboarding activities for new hires.
- Prepares new employee files; maintains existing personnel files according to document retention guidelines.
- Partners with payroll on changes in positional, pay, and benefit changes as needed.
- Maintains job postings on electronic boards.
- Assists employees through internal job posting process.
- Produces reports, tracking spreadsheets, agendas, and other material as requested.
- Acts as key point of contact in employee benefits administration, including working with vendors on billing, service related questions, and employee inquiries.
- Coordinates employee recognition events and informational sessions.
- Delivers training in new hire orientation, employee development and compliance.
- Assists on employee relations matters as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Psychology or related field
- 3-5 years in human resources role preferred.
- Experience in high volume recruitment in a manufacturing environment, pharmaceutical a plus.
- Experience facilitating training sessions on a wide variety of topics, including safety and compliance, professional development training experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Strong background in MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook
- PHR certification a plus.
- Ability to travel occasionally to Central NJ office in Iselin, NJ.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs.