Location: Buena, NJ
Responsible for maintaining laboratory inventories, daily calibration of laboratory equipment and assisting the Quality Control Chemists as needed.
- Responsible for performing daily calibrations for laboratory balances, pH meters, viscometers and the standardization of the Karl Fischer before analysts arrive for work.
- Responsible for maintaining the inventory of all laboratory reagents, chemicals, standards, syringes, filters, etc.
- Responsible for ordering all laboratory supplies and consumables.
- Responsible for emptying all laboratory glassware into the appropriate containers once the supporting testing has been reviewed and approved.
- Responsible for hazardous and non-hazardous waste management within the Quality Control Laboratory.
- Responsible for good housekeeping and glassware washing within the Quality Control Laboratory.
- Responsible for preparing mobile phases/reagents, volumetric solutions and test solutions.
- Responsible for performing Weight Loss/Water Loss testing as well as Minimum Fill testing when needed.
- Responsible for entering external testing into the applicable laboratory notebook when needed.
- Assist the Laboratory Glassware Washers, Senior Metrologist, Sampling Technicians and the QC Sample Coordinators when needed.
- Keep Supervisor informed of all key quality findings and issues.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities to support the Quality Control Team as needed/directed.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or BS degree in a science related field. 2-5 years’ experience in a cGMP/regulated environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects, multitask and meet timelines.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel software packages.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Collaborative working style; demonstrates professionalism, cooperation and willingness to support team and company priorities and initiatives in a fast-paced laboratory setting.
- Well established interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with diverse personalities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Physical Demands
- Ability to lift
- Inside and outside work
- Move between buildings
- Temperature variations
- Sit and stand for long periods
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs