Location: Buena, NJ
The Learning and Development Specialist will plan, conduct, and administer programs that train employees and improve their skills and knowledge.
- Develop on-the-job onboarding programs for major departments
- Design and implement an expanded new employee orientation (NEO) program for all Teligent sites
- Produce and execute a general training curriculum for all staff
- Develop and launch specialty management training, including ongoing Performance Management education
- Assist managers in creating developmental plans for employees.
- Produce reports, tracking spreadsheets, agendas, and other material as requested related to developmental training
- Manage related special projects such as tuition reimbursement and diversity efforts
- Conduct training and development needs assessments as necessary
- Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
- Develops and maintain organizational communications such as bulletin boards and newsletters to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Coordinate of employee events and informational sessions including recognition, charitable giving, and lunch and learns
- Design and create training manuals, online learning modules, job aids and course materials.
- Review training materials from vendors and select appropriate materials
- Perform administrative tasks such as scheduling classes, setting up systems and equipment, and coordinating enrollment.
- Develop and monitor spending against the departmental budget.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Psychology or related field
- 3-5 years in human resources role preferred.
- Experience in high volume training in a manufacturing environment, pharmaceutical experience a plus.
- Experience facilitating training sessions on a wide variety of topics, including safety and compliance and professional development training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Strong background in MS Office – Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- PHR certification a plus.
- Ability to travel occasionally to Central NJ office
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs