Location: Buena, NJ
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for overseeing the Buena site purchasing team and will be responsible for all MRP, MRO and R&D procurement activity. The candidate must show demonstrated results in supplier negotiation and plant cost savings and containment as it pertains to procurement. Additionally, the candidate must optimize existing policies and procedures and implement department metrics to target and report against site value-add procurement goals.
- Develop and execute purchasing strategies by leading the Buena site purchasing team for all direct, indirect, operations and R&D procurement requirements.
- Lead competitive bid process according to corporate policy. Deliver highest value/least-total-cost to the Teligent organization.
- Lead supplier negotiations
- Support Director Supply Chain to prepare for weekly Sales and Operational Planning meetings (Sales/Ops)
- Assist Supply Chain Director with ad hoc projects and reports as required to support business and site objectives.
- Minimum 5 years of purchasing experience in a cGMP regulated life sciences industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting, or related field required. Master of Business Administration preferred.
- SAP (or equivalent ERP system) experience required.
- Microsoft Office Proficiency (Word, Excel).
- Must be a professional team-oriented individual who can manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and be able to adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Physical Demands
- Ability to lift
- Inside and outside work
- Move between buildings
- Temperature variations
- Sit and stand for long periods
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs