Location: Buena, NJ
Provide accurate and timely testing of raw materials, finished product and/or stability samples as assigned. Ensure the safety and reliability of products produced in compliance with quality and regulatory requirements.
- Perform quality control testing on raw materials, finished product, pre-approval and commercial stability samples as assigned by the supervisor.
- Wet and Physical chemistry techniques including but not limited to: Karl Fisher, Viscosity, Microscopy, pH, specific gravity, IR, Specific Rotation and wet chemistry.
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation. Time lines are the responsibility of the chemist as defined by Teligent procedures.
- Assist with critical evaluation and interpretation of experimental data.
- Perform investigational testing as required.
- Immediately inform supervisor/manager of issue and assist in the resolution of complex problems.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation in good working order, following appropriate procedures for use and clean up.
- Maintain and follow all laboratory systems, cGMPs, safety, and housekeeping requirements.
- Keep supervisor/manager informed of all key quality findings and issues.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance to GMPs in all areas.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as needed/directed.
- BS in Chemistry or related discipline, 0-3 years of pharmaceutical industry or laboratory experience.
- Strong foundation in wet chemistry and quantitative analysis.
- Knowledge of cGMP requirements. Practical experience with document control, and QA support of manufacturing
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and LIMS.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Collaborative working style. Demonstrates professionalism, cooperation and willingness to support team and company priorities in a fast-paced laboratory setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and meet timelines.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands; talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs