Location: Buena, NJ
The Continuous Improvement Scientist will work to resolve issues and implement solutions that will help to reduce cost and improve the efficiency and outcomes of the Quality Control department. These activities include the establishment, implementation, maintenance, and improvement of select Quality procedures and processes.
- Help in the identification, planning and implementation of key projects that have been identified by the QC Managers and/or by the Lead Investigation Scientist.
- Gathers and analyzes data to gain a deeper understanding of processes and identify strategic improvement opportunities.
- Prepares, distributes and presents project status reports to the QC Senior Manager.
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to facilitate meetings with cross functional teams.
- Ability to operate independently within a tight deadline environment.
- Responsible for working with management in assessing, tracking and reporting the financial benefit of key projects.
- Assists the QC Senior Manager in performing periodic internal audits of processes and in the implements corrective actions to rectify issues.
- Keeps management informed of all key quality findings and issues.
- Assumes other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related science field.
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GMP requirements
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to work with minimum direction.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands; talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs