Location: Metro Park, NJ
The Recruiter achieves staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates; advising managers; and managing related initiatives such as the intern program. The Recruiter will be heavily involved in all stages of the recruitment process and will proactively managing candidate interactions. This includes resume review, prescreening candidates, coordinating phone and on-site interviews, making offers, and assisting the candidate through offer process. The Recruiter will employ traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as develop new, creative recruiting ideas.
- Establish recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meet with hiring managers to discuss needs and establish appropriate hiring plan
- Evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and qualifications with managers; create and implement interview standards for each role/department and ensure consistent application of the standards
- Determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Assist in offer process and follows up with HR team to ensure compliance and completion
- Develop and track measurable facets of the recruiting and hiring process so that the processes are transparent and measurable; set continuous improvement goals.
- Improve organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Represent Teligent at off-site events such as College/University Career fairs and Community Events within the tri-state area
- Serve as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges, and industry associations
- Create and manage intern program by conducting orientations; monitoring intern job contributions; coaching interns; advising managers on training and coaching.
- Build applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Understand current legislation to avoid legal issues; enforce regulations with managers; recommend new procedures; contribute to related training.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Maintain job postings on electronic boards
- Assist employees through internal bid process
- Provide confidential administrative support to the Human Resources department
- Other duties as assigned
- BS degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Psychology or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-7 years in a recruitment role; experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred, experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong background in MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to travel occasionally to the Buena, NJ office
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands; talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs