Location: Buena, NJ
The API Buyer will be responsible for the sourcing and procurement of all Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) including hard to source excipients to support Teligent commercial production and R&D pipeline activities. This position will work closely with R&D, Quality and Regulatory Affairs to lead sourcing efforts for the development of new product and support subsequent regulatory filings. This position will serve as the primary point of contact for API suppliers and must be able to communicate and facilitate discussions with brokers, distributors, manufacturers and internal Teligent stakeholders to meet project milestones and deadlines. Additionally, the API Buyer will oversee the commercial portfolio of API and work closely with Planning and Warehouse to accurately forecast, procure, and inventory API to support short and long-term production requirements.
- Research and source API suppliers (domestic and international) to meet development project milestones and manage expectations for supplier quality, pricing and customer service requirements.
- Analyze market conditions to determine required API pricing. Negotiate pricing and other terms and conditions with suppliers to support sustainable supply and product viability through commercialization.
- Identify market and supplier risks (including supplier changes to product or process) and develop procurement strategies accordingly.
- Use SAP ERP system to identify requirements, efficient inventory levels including safety stock and execute purchase orders and delivery dates to support development and commercial production schedule.
- Monitors API inventory levels and retest and expiry dates to ensure continual supply of usable API. Provides inventory management to identify API inventory at risk and assures optimum inventory coverage for production.
- Assists in other Supply Chain and Purchasing efforts including implementing supplier management policies, optimize SAP performance and supporting organizational goals and objectives.
- Five or more years procurement experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment required
- Bachelor degree in a business-related field required
- APICS and/or ISM certification preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of cGMP’s, MRP/ERP and regulatory requirements
- SAP experience preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands; talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs