Location: Buena, NJ
The Supply Planner is responsible for optimizing Finished Goods, WIP, Raw and Component inventories across the Buena supply chain network sustaining high customer service, production utilization and labor efficiency to support weekly, monthly and annual production schedules for the allocated portfolio of NDC’s/SKU’s for which she/he is accountable.
- Implement and maintain Supply Chain and Inventory strategies for all Buena produced Finished Goods by regular review and optimization of inventory parameters and levels (e.g. safety stocks, lead times, capacity) to maintain >98% customer service.
- Maintains all MPS (Finished Good) and MRP (Bulk) Process Orders within the 90 day frozen planning horizon in SAP.
- Conduct weekly production schedule meetings to firm production for the following week and secure agreement regarding compounding constraints, change over and availability of production lines and identifying overtime requirements for the next months’ work.
- Issue weekly production schedule and release required SAP Process Orders for compounding, fill and pack.
- Coordinate release of materials with QC to support upcoming production requirements.
- Conduct daily production huddle with Production Manager and various support staff to ensure weekly production schedules are executed according to plan.
- Identify and manage potential inventory obsolescence to minimize write-offs (Finished Goods and Raw Materials) and initialize destruction process for rejected and expired materials.
- Works with Purchasing to ensure the timely ordering and receipt of MRP materials to support production.
- Responsible for SAP master data for item creation all Material Planning parameters.
- Prepare and issue recovery plans for Finished Goods backorders.
- Support launch of new products.
- Conduct root cause analysis for supply chain issues/variances and implement corrective actions to avoid reoccurrence.
- Prepare with Materials Manager a rolling 12 Month Master Production Schedule (MPS) and Rough-Cut capacity analysis to support operational decision making.
- Assist Materials Manager with ad hoc projects and reports as required to support business and site objectives.
- Minimum 5 years of production planning and scheduling experience in an industrial environment, preferably in a cGMP regulated industry.
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or related field preferred.
- Microsoft Office Proficiency (Word, Excel).
- SAP experience preferred.
- Must be a professional team-oriented individual who can manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and be able to adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Physical Demands
- Ability to lift
- Inside and outside work
- Move between buildings
- Temperature variations
- Sit and stand for long periods
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs.