Location: Buena, NJ
The Topical Operations Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of all required functions and activities to support the Packaging of Topical pharmaceutical products with focus on product quality and line efficiency. Responsibilities include supervising line personnel, (Teligent employees and temporary staff), and ensuring that all activities in the area are performed in compliance with company policy, cGMP’s and SOP’s.
Reporting Relationships: 10 – 30 direct reports
- Provide supervision and guidance in the execution of the packaging schedule to ensure completion in a timely and efficient manner.
- Complete all associated documentation to support the initiation, execution, and reconciliation of all line activities.
- Perform the necessary component and product transactions in SAP.
- Work with Warehouse and Quality personnel to ensuring packaging components are properly staged for each job.
- Work with line leaders to coordinate temporary and permanent labor to staff the line as per standards.
- Train production line operators.
- Ensures that cGMP’s are followed on the production floor.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Review logbooks in a timely manner.
- Review, edit, and generate SOP’s as required.
- Assist with the editing and improvement of batch records.
- Track line down-time, identify root cause(s), and implement process improvements.
- Improve efficiencies and reduce line waste.
- Report daily production data.
- Investigate manufacturing discrepancies within expected completion cycle time.
- Implement corrective and preventive actions (CAPA).
- Other duties as assigned by Topical Manager.
- Weekdays and/or weekend overtime may be required based on production needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or High School diploma and equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in a cGMP packaging environment.
- Excellent math and computer skills.
- Knowledge and experience with label and carton machines.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Participative management type-advocates team concept.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to wear all required PPE, including safety glasses, ear plugs, and safety shoes.