Location: Buena, NJ
The Topical Operations Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of all required functions and activities to support the Filling and Packaging of Topical pharmaceutical products. Other responsibilities include supervising line personnel (Teligent employees and temporary staff) and ensuring that all activities in the area are performed in compliance with company policy, cGMP’s and SOP’s.
- Provide supervision and guidance in the execution of the filling and packaging schedule.
- Complete all associated documentation to support the initiation, execution, and reconciliation of all line activities.
- Perform the necessary component transactions in SAP.
- Work with warehouse and Quality personnel to ensuring packaging components are properly staged for each job.
- Coordinate temporary and permanent labor to staff the line as per standards.
- Train production line workers.
- Maintain cGMP’s on the production floor.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Follow validated procedures.
- Review log books.
- Review, edit, and generate SOP’s as required.
- Assist with the editing and improvement of batch records.
- Track downtime and analyze root cause.
- Improve efficiencies and reduce line waste.
- Report daily production numbers.
- Enter Direct Labor hours per job into SAP.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or High School diploma and equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in a cGMP packaging environment
- Excellent math and computer skills
- Knowledge and experience with label and carton machines
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Participative management type-advocates team concept.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to wear all required PPE, including safety glasses, ear plugs, and safety shoes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs