Location: Metro Park, NJ
The Vice President of Sales and Marketing (VPSM) is responsible for providing leadership and driving strategy across the company’s sales and marketing functions. This role is critical in both developing and implementing strategic initiatives, as well monitoring the team performance to ensure desired goals and targets are met and/or exceeded. The VPSM will also act as a key spokesperson for the organization and will have frequent contact with executive level representatives from customers, strategic business partners, and industry associations. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, this role will work closely with other business leaders to chart the company direction.
- Create, plan, and implement the marketing and sales strategy for retail and institutional customers in accordance with the overall organizational business strategy and objectives.
- Provide expertise to the company by building, developing and managing sales and marketing teams capable of carrying out the company strategies and tactics
- Assess market potential and identify new business opportunities
- Develop annual sales and marketing strategic business plans to drive revenue and increase market share.
- Serve as the internal and external subject matter expert for all sales and marketing solutions, working cross-functionally as necessary to ensure desired outcomes are met
- Develop and implement sales selling cycle and methodology based on market research and competitor analyses
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results
- Develop and execute a winning marketing plan and go-to-market strategy for new and existing product lines
- Establish objectives, performance standards, and priorities that are implemented and monitored across the company with respect to marketing
- Drive all social media and web branding efforts to ensure the company’s web presence is strong and easy to navigate
- Monitor the competitive landscape and market conditions to identify opportunities, issues, and risks, in order to recommend tactical strategies
- Maintain key customer relationships, while developing and implementing strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
- Manage all department costs and compliance with budgets
- Oversee the marketing and sales processes, and all relevant training and development plans, actions and programs
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
- Generally has 10+ years of experience in pharmaceutical sales in a sales management position at the National level
- Demonstrated ability to drive the achievement of business goals through aligning people, process, structure, information and communication systems in a rapidly growing/dynamic market(s)
- Demonstrated experience operating as part of a leadership team that emphasizes collaborative decision making and a high degree of coordination between function
- Sound interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency using electronic spreadsheet, database, word-processing, and graphical presentation software, preferably Microsoft Office applications.
- Approximately 60% domestic and occasional international travel required
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs.