Location: Buena, NJ
To provide a safe and healthy work environment for all of our employees and contractors, Teligent has mandated that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This means that all new hires will be required to be fully vaccinated prior to their start date. We are taking this proactive step as our community continues to be negatively impacted by the pandemic and the surging Delta variant. Should you require a religious or medical accommodation, please inquire about necessary steps to secure such accommodations.
The Director of Engineering will have oversight of the Engineering, Maintenance functions, and Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) areas. This position is responsible for capital projects and planning, maintenance of the facility, utilities and process equipment and utility and automation engineering.
- Oversee all areas of capital planning and projects including budget, cost, and timelines.
- Deliver strategic, operational, and financial planning for all aspects of Engineering and Maintenance.
- Day to day operation, maintenance and calibration of all utilities including HVAC, chillers, potable water supply, compressed air, and other compressed gases, WFI, purified water and boilers.
- Day to day maintenance and calibration of all compounding, filling, and packaging equipment in the Topical and Injectable business units.
- Oversight of the Plant Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) areas including Workers’ Comp incident/accident investigations. Work with Human Resources to follow-up and close claims.
- Planning and prioritization of equipment replacements and upgrades.
- Planned maintenance and reliability centered maintenance programs.
- Selection and guidance of all external contractors in support of plant operations and maintenance.
- Input on responses to FDA
- Contractor and construction safety
- Work with external agencies to ensure compliance with local laws and ordinances.
- Provide staff development and leadership of Engineering and Maintenance team, including annual goal setting, performance planning and management, coaching/mentoring, and discipline/correction of substandard performance or inappropriate behavior.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required.
- MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in engineering, maintenance, and project management in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Expert knowledge of cGMP requirements.
- Management skills that stretch across staff, financial, operational, organizational, and strategic perspectives.
- Ability to effectively organize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment.
- Keen sense of professionalism, cooperation, and willingness to support team and company priorities.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills to identify problems and work across functional areas for resolution.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in a proactive and solutions-focused manner, including keeping stakeholders aware of potential issues.
- Detail oriented with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems effectively.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs.