Location: Buena, NJ
To provide a safe and healthy work environment for all of our employees and contractors, Teligent has mandated that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This means that all new hires will be required to be fully vaccinated prior to their start date. We are taking this proactive step as our community continues to be negatively impacted by the pandemic and the surging Delta variant. Should you require a religious or medical accommodation, please inquire about necessary steps to secure such accommodations.
The Facilities Engineer will be responsible for ensuring reliable and efficient operation of all mechanical and utility support systems including but not limited to Water for Injection, Purified Water, Compressed Air, HTPs, Boilers, Hot Water Skid, HVAC units, special aseptic process heat exchangers, etc. The Site Engineer will also be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the compounding and aseptic process areas, packaging, warehouse, and laboratories. Additional responsibilities include the planning and management of Engineering-related projects, activities and analyses at the manufacturing site. The scope of work includes direct oversight of capital projects, process improvement initiatives, facility/utility modifications and expansion projects. This person will also be responsible for concept development, engineering design, and management of internal and external resources, including budgets. Manage assigned direct reports including formal reviews and timely feedback on day-to-day performance. Incumbent will also be responsible for managing contract/temporary reports in support of Facilities responsibilities.
Reporting Relationships: Supervisory Responsibilities
- Process heat exchangers, etc.
- Utilize knowledge of manufacturing/compounding and packaging machines, leading engineering practices, mathematics and statistics, building materials and other physical sciences necessary to complete concept design.
- Employ statistical analysis tools to effectively analyze complex conditions.
- Develop corrective action plans and support equipment/process trouble shooting initiatives. Effectively communicate data findings and recommendations through presentations and discussions to technical, non-technical and senior management audiences.
- Lead scope definition and technical activities required for concept, design, build, modification and/or qualification phases of project lifecycle.
- Day-to-day management and follow-up of sub-contractors and internal/external design team to ensure project plans (milestones, budget, etc.) are being executed.
- Manage and/or oversee routine site inspections, including fire, safety, NJDEP environmental, etc.
- Proficient in use of Computer-Aided Design (CAD) equipment and software to support project design and execution. Produce initial project sketches and final designs.
- Based on analyses, determine/modify specifications and project drawings, and review/approve all project designs.
- Ensure all company and site Engineering policies and procedures comply with safety regulations and requirements.
- Ensure all work undertaken is reflected accurately in up-to-date Engineering, Project and Maintenance information files.
- Deliver project status reports to the Director of Engineering and senior management team, as necessary.
- Serve as the principal liaison with external Engineering firms, vendors and sub-contractors, from RFP origination to project completion.
- Assist in the development of long-term Engineering and Site Capital Project budgets.
- Support and meet Departmental, site and corporate HS&E goals.
- Manage or assist in oversight of janitorial services, pest control management, landscaping, and site security.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Industrial or Engineering discipline (Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred).
- At least 10 years of experience in a Facilities Engineering or Project Management role in the Pharmaceutical or Medical Devices industries (leading site Engineering, leading large Engineering projects, etc.).
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of pharmaceutical equipment and plant design and Pharmaceutical Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Comprehensive equipment and plant control systems understanding.
- Experience managing the planning and execution of large capital projects, including timelines, internal/external resources and budgets.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and MS Project) and AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated use of analytical skills and statistics to solve complex engineering problems.
- Experience with pharmaceutical industry design standards and requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment, manufacturing and packaging validation processes.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to wear all required PPE, including safety glasses, ear plugs, and safety shoes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.