Location: Buena, NJ
- Provide supervision and guidance in the execution of the batching schedule.
- Ensure all raw materials are properly weighed and staged for each job.
- Maintain cGMP’s in the Compounding and Pre-Weigh areas.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Ensure validated compounding procedures are being followed.
- Adherence to SOP’s and procedures on cleaning, sanitization, weighing and compounding.
- Review equipment cleaning and sanitization log books to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Review, edit, and generate SOP’s as required.
- Assist with the editing and improvement of batch records.
- Maintain an adequate inventory level on supplies.
- Provide direction, training and refresher training to all employees working in area.
- Monitor equipment for necessary maintenance, improvements, or upgrades.
- Assumes other activities and responsibilities as directed.
- Perform necessary duties in Pre-Weigh and Compounding to cover absences of personnel.
- Minimum Associates or Technical degree.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in a cGMP batch manufacturing environment.
- Proficient and multi-skilled in all aspects of batch compounding of pharmaceutical products. Experience with production of creams, lotions and liquid products is preferred.
- Excellent computer and math skills
- Experience with the manufacturing and handling of liquids, creams, ointments, and lotions.
- Experience with homogenizers, in-line mills, and transfer pumps
- Self-starter with strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Participative management type – advocates team concept.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive, but able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to wear all required PPE, including safety glasses, ear plugs, and safety shoes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.