Location: Buena, NJ
To provide a safe and healthy work environment for all of our employees and contractors, Teligent has mandated that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This means that all new hires will be required to be fully vaccinated prior to their start date. We are taking this proactive step as our community continues to be negatively impacted by the pandemic and the surging Delta variant. Should you require a religious or medical accommodation, please inquire about necessary steps to secure such accommodations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Packaging Mechanic Apprentice will perform production equipment maintenance activities in accordance with approved procedures. Responsibilities include analyzing and troubleshooting the root cause of manufacturing, filling and packaging equipment problems; implement effective preventive and/or corrective maintenance repairs.
Reporting Relationships: No direct reports
- Demonstrates technical knowledge and experience in mechanical systems to include Aseptic and Topicals filling and packaging equipment.
- Demonstrates technical competency with equipment control instrumentation and devices to include, but is not limited to photo eye sensors, motor speed controllers, Man Machine Interface (MMI) process controllers, process logic control systems.
- Demonstrates mechanical ability to perform set-up, adjust, operation and changeover of aseptic isolator/vial filler/washer/depyrogenation tunnel, topical tube, topical bottle filler, labelers, cartoners and other ancillary packaging equipment.
- Troubleshoot problems or breakdowns on various production equipment. Experience with using built in machine diagnostic systems to aid in troubleshooting equipment problems.
- Proactively identify equipment issues and perform root cause analysis, make recommendations and aids in implementation for more complex and non-reoccurring issues.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks on all production equipment according to the required frequency.
- Learn and demonstrate behaviors related to safety, quality, and production.
- Follow and adheres to all cGMPs, compliance/regulatory mandates, SOP’s and quality requirements.
- Interface with external vendors and service providers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be willing to work weekdays and weekend overtime as needed, to support manufacturing activities.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED. Technical school preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of maintenance experience in a production and packaging environment, preferably in an aseptic filling environment.
- Pharmaceutical or Medical device GMP environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and understand written procedures and instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands; talk; and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.