Location: Buena, NJ
To provide a safe and healthy work environment for all of our employees and contractors, Teligent has mandated that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This means that all new hires will be required to be fully vaccinated prior to their start date. We are taking this proactive step as our community continues to be negatively impacted by the pandemic and the surging Delta variant. Should you require a religious or medical accommodation, please inquire about necessary steps to secure such accommodations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs functions relating to the filling and packaging of Topical products (creams, ointments, lotions, solutions) ensuring product compliance to established current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), customer requirements and in conjunction with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Follows standard operating procedures to complete tasks, some of which may vary in scope, sequence, complexity and timing. Applies skills and knowledge to recognize process issues and to increase efficiency, throughput and quality. Proactively identifies and resolves complex problems where considerable judgment is required in choosing among multiple options. Troubleshoots process, equipment issues and, as a team member, analyzes root causes and makes recommendations.
Reporting Relationships: Individual Contributor
- Adhere to best practices for the department in accordance to government regulatory and quality standards while meeting department goals and objectives.
- Execute written SOP’s to ensure the purity of materials involved in the packaging process.
- Batch Production Record (BPR) and logbook documentation with detail and accuracy as it applies to job function in real time.
- Communicate effectively and work closely in a team environment.
- Demonstrate behaviors related to safety, quality, and production.
- Adhere to all cGMPs, compliance/regulatory mandates, SOP’s and quality requirements.
- Identify and communicate processing related issues to the area supervisor.
- Work in collaboration with colleagues from the same and other departments such as manufacturing, quality, maintenance, and the laboratory.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Minimum high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience working in a Pharmaceutical environment. (Preferably in filling of topical dosage form).
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and the ability to read, train and understand written procedures and instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with excellent communication skills.
- Experience in a clean room environment and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply, divide, weights & measures).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to wear all required PPE, including safety glasses, ear plugs, and safety shoes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.