Location: Buena, NJ
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attends unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Monitors tardy and absenteeism reports and ensures proper documentation is issued on employees who have excessive tardiness or absenteeism problems.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluations and ensures they are done in a timely manner (i.e., Annual).
- Updates, monitors and maintains eligible salary adjustments/increases based on one-year evaluations.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers’ compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Monitors employee eligibility for benefits plans. Reviews benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes. Organizes and manages annual open enrollment communications and election process. Maintains and distributes list of new and cancelled employees under each benefit plan. Verifies benefit billing accuracy and processes for payment. Assists with Claims resolution.
- Administers COBRA for group health plans.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs. Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Others duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent years of experience.
- Five to seven years of HR generalist experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred, experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong background in MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands; talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; scoop; kneel; crouch.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not all-inclusive. It acts a guideline and is subject to change over time. Additional duties may be assigned based on business needs.