|Job Title: Director, Human Resources|
|Location: Buena Reports to (Title) Chief Legal Officer
|Job Summary||1. Plan, lead, direct, develop and coordinate policies, activities and staff of the Human Resource (HR) Department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategies.
2. Develops and implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, training and development, succession planning, employee relations (elevation point for local HR).
3. Consulting, advising, and assisting executive & operations leadership in achieving business goals through appropriate interventions; implementing and managing HR resource solutions, programs and services with dedicated corporate resources to maximize the achievement of short and long-range business objectives. (e.g., change initiatives, employee relations, talent and performance management, organizational learning and development, executive compensation/reward optimization, talent acquisition, workforce planning, diversity, business diagnostics, productivity analyses, HR information and analysis, retention and engagement, employee communication, and HR programs and services)
4. Act as HR consultant to executive & operations leadership. Providing advice and counsel on employee relations matters; supporting senior management and with the disciplinary process and all terminations to eliminate potential liability and enhance processes.
5. Manages and coordinates the US & Canada HR functions, provides leadership to HR team, oversees the development, implementation and coordination of policies & procedures for the Human Resources department to establish and maintain an effective team through managing, advising and motivating.
6. Develops, recommends and implements processes and procedures to affect continual improvements in the efficiencies of all local HR teams.
7. Responsible for participating in the development of the Human Resources objectives and strategic planning in relation to business initiatives and trends in Human Resources management.
8. Ensuring the people-perspective is represented in business decisions so implications are understood and the workforce is proactively managed; assessing the impact of business decisions on workforce and provide solutions to optimize opportunities and mitigate any downsides.
9. Serve as elevated point of contact for employee complaints and, in coordination with legal department, conducts complex investigations and resolving employee relations issues; including the investigation of harassment, discrimination and other charges; managing discipline, recommends / initiates remedial action(s) as necessary. and discharge functions, and assuming responsibility for the uniform and equitable application of policies across the HR department;
10. Manages and coordinates all aspects of employee benefit programs.
11. Manages compliance with COBRA, FMLA, CFRA, ADA and the Pregnancy leave acts.
12. Owns the constructive performance management process for the company.
13. Oversees and manages daily workflow of the HR Department.
14. Handles all discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy and in coordination with departmental management and the legal department, as necessary Reviews exit surveys and reports trends to department and/or executive leadership as necessary.
15. Attends seminars and briefing for upcoming changes in Labor laws, Wage and Hour, and Worker’s Compensation, etc.
16. Performs other duties or special projects as required by the CLO and CEO
|Percentage of Time per Duty||Accountability description|
|35||Manages and provides leadership to HR business partners, oversees the development, implementation and coordination of policies & procedures for the HR department to establish and maintain an effective team through managing, advising and motivating.|
|25||Consulting, advising, and assisting executive and operations leadership in achieving business goals through appropriate interventions; implementing and managing HR resource solutions, programs and services with dedicated corporate resources to maximize the achievement of short and long-range business objectives. (e.g., change initiatives, employee relations, talent and performance management, organizational learning and development, compensation/reward optimization, talent acquisition, workforce planning, diversity, business diagnostics, productivity analyses, HR information and analysis, retention and engagement, employee communication, and HR programs and services)|
|25||Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including employee benefit programs, talent acquisition, staffing, training and development, succession planning, employee relations.|
|15||Owns performance management process for the company. Develops, recommends and implements processes and procedures to affect continual improvements in the efficiencies of the HR team.|
|Knowledge & Skill Requirements|
|A. Educational Background|
|1. Minimum Level of Education||BS/BA|
|Area of Specialization/Degree
|Graduate degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Psychology, or Business Administration or a related field preferred (or advanced certificates in Human Resources management).
|2. Preferred Level of Education||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Area of Specialization/Degree||Human Resources or a related area|
|B. Job Related Experience|
|Minimum Level of Job Related Experience Prior to the current Job||Minimum of 10 years of experience in Human Resources, at least three of those in a managerial position with a solid track record for delivering results.
At least 4 years of personnel management experience along with proven experience leading and coaching quality/process improvement projects; and identifying performance metrics that accurately reflect the state of a given process and/or business;
|C. Other Job-Related Skills/Background|
|List any licenses, certificate, registrations, or any relevant job skill or abilities not covered in the sections above that the incumbent has or that are required for the job.|
|· Must have led one or more of the following activities – large staffing projects, RFP’s, Performance Management, creation of HR operations processes workforce management process, & reduction in force
· Own & led the Talent Management life cycle including succession planning and competency development
· Demonstrated experience influencing & partnering with executive leadership to align people processes with business objectives; around complex organizational issues, including collaboration and change management skills
· Depth of experience leading organization development and driving organizational effectiveness. Diagnose, identify scope of change and identify interventions needed to improve organizational effectiveness. Demonstrated experience in designing future state changes (people, process, and structure), prepares change plans, and works with leaders to implement
· Depth of experience on compensation and benefits philosophies and approach involving job evaluation, external benchmarking, job description development and salary structure development while focusing on clear and comprehensible communication to executive leadership
· Demonstrated experience leading investigations and resolution of complaints of the highest complexity and sensitivity, including EEO related allegations ensuring investigations are conducted and recommendations are developed in an objective and thorough manner and prepare written reports of fact findings.
· Depth of experience developing communications and change management tools to implement HR process integration (payroll, benefits, organization) to support key business and HR initiatives
· Outstanding analytical skills, including the ability to develop systems that effectively implement, evaluate and track key HR tasks and the ability to analyze and act on the information in legal documents, journal articles and other publications
· Excellent conflict resolution skills
· Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; inspires respect and trust; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others
· Takes responsibility for the dedicated regional HR team; makes self-available to local HR Business
· Effective time management skills, including ability to prioritize workload to meet key deadlines
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Internet fluency
|List the person(s) being communicated with in addition to the type, level of sophistication, and frequency of the communication that are required by the job.
Consistently demonstrates strong coaching and consulting skills with a track record of quickly gaining credibility and partnering collaboratively with business leaders; Extremely high level of confidentiality & professionalism is required.
|Other Information- Physical Requirements, Travel, On Call, Etc||· Standing / Walking
These functions require the employee to be standing or walking 20% of the time. This is primarily a sedentary position.
· Lifting / Carrying / Twisting / Bending / Stooping
The employee is expected to occasionally twist, bend, and stoop when retrieving and filing information from the file cabinet. Seldom carry or lift 40 pounds or less which would consist of employee records and reports.
· Pushing / Pulling
Does not apply.
· Handling / Fingering / Feeling
The employee must be able to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer terminal and retrieve information from the employee files and answer phones.
· Seeing / Speaking / Hearing
This position requires an employee to have adequate communicating and observational skills. These requirements are for distinguishing different types of bread and client communication, driving and slicing bread for samples. These requirements are also for the safety of the employee and the co-workers. These requirements are also necessary for counting activities, collecting, distributing information, answering telephone and faxing.
· Head / Neck Movement
Frequent flexing, extending and turning the neck is required
· May require up to 10% travel
Teligent is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer